Regulation and rules of "TOFUZI"
Organizers of Festival
International Animated Film Festival TOFUZI is organized by N.(N).L.E. Animation Development Fund,N.(N).L.E. Personage, N.(N).L.E. Projection. All three parties have equal rights, can act and perform as the festival owners.
The Festival consist of such main parts:
- The Central Festival "TOFUZI" - will be held in Batumi. The Awards will be selected and presented in the Central Festival.
- The Regional Festivals “ TOFUZI Echo" which will be held in different regions of Georgia (such as Telavi, Kutaisi, Gori, Dusheti, Zugdidi and others) during one year period after the Central Festival. In TOFUZI Echo will be screened only films for children and only those which will be selected by organizers and will have advanced agreement (see entry form) from filmmakers.
- The International Animated Film Festival "TOFUZI" (the Central Festival) will take a place in 2th - 7th of October in the city of Batumi, capital of Ajara, Georgia.
- The schedule and places of the local Festivals TOFUZI Echo are arranged and adjusted with local regional municipalities and will be fixed by organizers considering current situation.
- Director of the Festival: Zurab Diasamidze (Director of the "Animation Development Fund")
- Official languages of the Festival: Georgian, English.
- The Festival is supported by: Ministry of Culture and Monument Protection of Georgia, Ministry of Culture, Education and Sports of the Autonomous Republic of Adjara, Batumi City Hall, National Film Center of Georgia, LLC "MIFASI".
The aims and objectives of the Festival
- The Festival encourages exchange of creative experience between Georgian and foreigner artist, search of new ideas, styles and technologies as well as integration of Georgian animation into the global cinema process.
- The Festival seeks to bring animation as an attractive sort of culture to the children of those regions of Georgia where any cultural events are very rare.
- Overall the Festival aims to popularize animation as a genre among adults and children.
- The Grand Prix;
- The Best Film for Adults;
- The Best Film for Children;
- The Best Debut;
- The Best Experimental Film;
- The Best TV Series;
- The Best Director;
- The Best Script;
- The Best Music;
- The Best Technique;
- The Best Student Film;
- The Best Film Created by Children.
Pre-Selection of the films
- The Central Festival consists of competition, non-competition (Informative) and retrospective screenings.
- Pre-Selection Committee composed of professionals selects films for Competition program as well as for Informative not later than two weeks before the Central Festival.
- Pre-Selection Committee reserves the right to switch a films category if they decide the film is more suited for another category.
- Pre-Selection Committee may not include people who have participated in the production or distribution of any film that takes part in the competition screening.
- The decisions of the Pre-selection Committee are final and not subject of discussion.
- Main Festival's International Jury will be composed (by Festival's organizers) of 5 people working in the sphere of animation of different experience.
- The list of Jury will be announced in www.tofuzi.adf.ge not later than 1st of September 2017.
- Main Festival's Jury will select all awards except The Best Film for Children
- The Best Film for Children will be selected by Children's Jury which will be composed of 7-9 children from 8 to 14 years old.
- All the awards will be announced in the Closing Ceremony.
- The Jury may not include people who have participated in the production or distribution of any film that takes part in the competition screening.
- The decisions of Jury are final and not subject of discussion.
Conditions for participation.
- There is no participation fee.
- Only films made after January 2016-17 are accepted for selection.
- Any animated film made in any animation technique, frame by frame or computer made, may take part in the competition screening.
- Films must be either dubbed or subtitled in English.
Films submitting and deadline
- One entry form for each film must be filled and submitted on-line (see "Submit film") till 30th of June 2017.
- Films must be sent on not later than 30th of June 2017. Please use "Dropbox", "Vimeo", “Wetransfer” or other eligible programs to upload film(s) and supported material(s), send file upload link at firstname.lastname@example.org (please be sure uploaded file format and quality is in compliance with festival regulation )
- Together with a film copy, participant must send photo of director of the film (300 dpi), his/her biography, at least 2 stills from the films in high quality (300 dpi) and dialogue list or list of subtitles.
- Entry forms may be sent only by persons authorized to offer the film to festivals or with the special permission of the copyright holders, duly noted in the Entry Form.
- All received materials remain property of the archive of the Festival's Organizers, irrespective of whether the film was selected for competitive program or not.