Regulation and rules of "TOFUZI"
Organizers of Festival
International Animated Film Festival TOFUZI is organized by N.(N).L.E. Animation Development Fund,N.(N).L.E. Personage, N.(N).L.E. Projection. All three parties have equal rights, can act and perform as the festival owners.
The Festival consist of such main parts:
- The Central Festival "TOFUZI" - will be held in Batumi. The Awards will be selected and presented in the Central Festival.
- The Regional Festivals “ TOFUZI Echo" which will be held in about 20 regions of Georgia during Whole year after the Central Festival. In "TOFUZI Echo" will be screenings of films for children
- The International Animated Film Festival "TOFUZI" (the Central Festival) will take a place in 1th - 6th of October in the city of Batumi, capital of Ajara, Georgia.
- The schedule and places of "Echo TOFUZI" are arranged and adjusted with local regional municipalities and will be fixed by organizers considering current situation.
- Director of the Festival: Zurab Diasamidze (Director of the "Animation Development Fund")
- Official languages of the Festival: Georgian, English.
- The Festival is supported by: Ministry of Culture and Monument Protection of Georgia, Ministry of Culture, Education and Sports of the Autonomous Republic of Adjara, Batumi City Hall, National Film Center of Georgia, LLC "MIFASI", "Natakhtari", "Techno Boom".
The aims and objectives of the Festival
- The Festival encourages exchange of creative experience between Georgian and foreigner artist, search of new ideas, styles and technologies as well as integration of Georgian animation into the global cinema process.
- The Festival seeks to bring animation as an attractive sort of culture to the children of those regions of Georgia where any cultural events are very rare.
- Overall the Festival aims to popularize animation as a genre among adults and children.
- The Grand Prix;
- The Best Film for Adults;
- The Best Film for Children;
- The Best Debut;
- The Best Experimental Film;
- The Best TV Series;
- The Best Director;
- The Best Script;
- The Best Music;
- The Best Technique;
- The Best Student Film;
- The Best Film Created by Children.
- The Best Animation GIF.
- Best video clip created on "Echo TOFUZI".
Pre-Selection of the films
- The Central Festival consists of competition, non-competition (Informative) and retrospective screenings.
- Pre-Selection Committee composed of professionals will reveal films for Competition as well as for Non-Competition program on 1st August.
- Pre-Selection Committee reserves the right to switch a films category if they decide the film is more suited for another category.
- Pre-Selection Committee must not include people who have participated in the production or distribution of any film that takes part in the competition screening.
- The decisions of the Pre-selection Committee are final and not a subject of discussion.
- Winner films of the Central Festival will be revealed by Mainc, Young and Children juries.
- Central Festival's Main and Young International Juries will be composed of 5 people (each), which are proffessionals working in the sphere of animation.
- The Best Film for Children will be selected by Children's Jury which will be composed of 11 children from 10 to 15 years old.
- The list of Jury will be announced in www.tofuzi.adf.ge not later than 1st of September 2018.
- All the awards will be announced on the Closing Ceremony, on October 6th.
- The Jury must not include people who have participated in the production or distribution of any film that takes part in the competition screening.
- The decisions of Jury are final and not subject of discussion.
Conditions for participation.
- There is no participation fee.
- Only films made after January 2017 are accepted for selection.
- Duration of the film must be max 25 minutes.
- Any animated film made in any animation technique may take part in the competition screening (Over 70% of the production must be animated).
- Films must be subtitled in English.
- The festival reserves the right to screen the winning films, within the festival program.
Films submitting and deadline
- One entry form for each film must be filled and submitted online (see "Entry Form") till 1st of June 2018. If there is any problem to fill the line in web page, please contact us on the mail - email@example.com
- Please use "Vimeo", “Wetransfer” or other similar programs to send us film. Send upload link at firstname.lastname@example.org (please be sure uploaded file format is in compliance with festival regulation )
- Entry forms may be sent only by person authorized to offer the film to festivals or with the special permission of the copyright holders, duly noted in the Entry Form.
- All received materials remain property of the archive of the Festival's Organizers, irrespective of whether the film was selected for competitive program or not.